I. Phonetics (5 point )
Directions:In each of following groups of words, there are four underlined letters or letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that different from the others in pronunciation, Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1. A.coach B.float C.broad D.throat
2. A.riddle B.ripen C.privilege D.primitive
prehension C.extension D.pension
4. A.brother B.thrill C. these D.rather
b B.thumb C.doubt D.tablet
II. Vocabulary and Structure (15 points )
Direction: There are 15 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
6. Whenever he comes to our garden, he can?t help _________ the flowers.
7. --Where is Dick?
--He _________ home for a while.
C.would have been
D.should have been
8. I hesitated for a long time, and in the end I decided to _________ the job.
9. Steve looked at the envelope and recognized Jenny?s handwriting ________.
10. This time tomorrow, I ________ on the beach, enjoying the sunshine!
A. am siting
C. Would sit
D.will be sitting